Friday, February 12, 2016

Using Microsoft Excel for Random Living Art

Using Microsoft Excel for Random Living Art :)


ExcelArt.gif

I am not going to do the usual walk through & how to in this blog. What I will do however is have the file downloadable, so you can play about with it yourself.


As a synopsys, I have a random value assigned to the cells (=RAND()*$AD$40), where the cell AD40 holds the value to have the RAND function operate.


The cell has then Conditional Formatting Rules set up. Various colours for various random values.


CondForm.JPG

I have then set up a timer function that gets its values from the cell as shown below:
setTimer.JPG

Please note, that you will have to enable macros to view the ever-updating images. Now, personally my advice is only run macros from trusted sources. So you can either pop in and check the code out for yourself first or just make any change anywhere on the sheet and it will update manually.

So if you want, you can download and play about with the spreadsheet from the side menu:

As always, thanks for reading & I hope you enjoy...

keep learning





No comments:

Post a Comment